Now that Medicare reimbursements will rise and fall based upon patient satisfaction scores, a lot of hospitals are scrambling to improve the way they interact with patients. Of course, changing a hospital’s culture takes time, and push back from doctors and staff can sometimes be intense. Our client, Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center, has won […]
Archive | Uncategorized RSS feed for this section
Patient Experience Success Story: “Before It Was Cool”
By Stewart Gandolf, MBA on September 16, 2012 in Hospitals, Uncategorized
How Mayo Clinic Uses Video Tours to Improve Patient Experience
By Stewart Gandolf, MBA on September 15, 2012 in Health Plans, Hospitals, Leadership, Medical Practices, Technology, Uncategorized
We recently interviewed Lee Aase, Director of Mayo Clinic’s Center for Social Media, about several ways video can be applied to improve patient experience. Because 25% of Mayo’s patients travel to their clinics, Lee and his team put together video tours to give patients who travel a sense of what to expect before they arrive. […]
Where Leaders Discover Best Practices
Because Patient Experience Matters.
For Those Who Care
Everything You Need to Know.
It’s Not Just The Right Thing to Do…
It is also good business.
- The Psychology of Waiting vs. Patient Experience Enemy Number One December 18, 2012
- Coach Lou Holtz, the Importance of a Timely Note, and Patient Satisfaction January 8, 2013
- Patient Experience Success Story: “Before It Was Cool” September 16, 2012
- Leadership: The Multi-Faceted Challenges and Rewards of Patient Experience May 11, 2012
- Hospital or Hotel? How Amenities Influence Facility Selection and Patient Satisfaction September 12, 2012
- Patient Loyalty: Why People Buy Emotions, Not Things January 19, 2018
- 4 Patient Experience Touchpoints: Doing the Right Thing December 6, 2017
- Become Best in Class in Patient Experience: Service Lessons from Iceland November 13, 2017
- 4 Smart Strategies That Deliver Stronger Patient Experience October 27, 2017
- Turning the Battleship and Building a Better Healthcare Experience October 10, 2017
- Barbara Hales, M.D.: An additional demand on ER time also stems from ph...
- Atiqur Rahman: Thank's,Stewart for this wonderful article,i enjo...
- Kellee Everts: Great article! I've always coached and cautioned ...
- Bruce Allen: Your analogy, with the doctor as the pilot and the...
- What Would Empathy-Based Healthcare Look Like? | News In Marketing: […] When I talked with Dr. Rosen on camera p...
best practice case examples brand/differentiation business advantage Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services choose a doctor choose a hospital cleveland clinic clinical quality consumer expectations culture customer service doctor interactions doctor ratings emotional needs empathy empowered patients EMR electronic medical records engagement HCAHPS hospital ammenities hospital ratings hospitals internet technology leadership online ratings online reputation patient-centered care patient-physician communications patient centered care patient convenience patient experience patient experience gap patient experience summit patient perspective patient ratings patient satisfaction physician-patient communicaitons showcase social media staff attitude staff interactions technology unconventional office hours voice of the customer wait times