A colleague told us about his recent stop at a nearby Staples store for office supplies. One unique thing was attention getting. Taking a page from the retail giant, it would be easy for every hospital to have a “presidential hotline” to optimize feedback and the patient experience. Here’s the quick backstory. Our friend’s shopping experience […]
Tag Archives | HCAHPS
Every Hospital Should Have a Presidential Hotline
By Stewart Gandolf, MBA on July 12, 2016 in Culture, Hospitals, Patient-Centered Care
HCAHPS: Missing the Measure of Experience vs. Satisfaction
By Lonnie Hirsch on February 6, 2015 in Hospitals
Everyone is in favor of improving patient care. And, as the theory goes, the government’s incentive system of rewarding quality performance—HCAHPS (Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems)—is the universal pathway. But this year, the healthcare reform’s pay-for-performance method is more penalty than reward. “Medicare is giving bonuses to a majority of hospitals that […]
- The Psychology of Waiting vs. Patient Experience Enemy Number One December 18, 2012
- Coach Lou Holtz, the Importance of a Timely Note, and Patient Satisfaction January 8, 2013
- Patient Experience Success Story: “Before It Was Cool” September 16, 2012
- Leadership: The Multi-Faceted Challenges and Rewards of Patient Experience May 11, 2012
- Hospital or Hotel? How Amenities Influence Facility Selection and Patient Satisfaction September 12, 2012
- Patient Loyalty: Why People Buy Emotions, Not Things January 19, 2018
- 4 Patient Experience Touchpoints: Doing the Right Thing December 6, 2017
- Become Best in Class in Patient Experience: Service Lessons from Iceland November 13, 2017
- 4 Smart Strategies That Deliver Stronger Patient Experience October 27, 2017
- Turning the Battleship and Building a Better Healthcare Experience October 10, 2017
- Barbara Hales, M.D.: An additional demand on ER time also stems from ph...
- Atiqur Rahman: Thank's,Stewart for this wonderful article,i enjo...
- Kellee Everts: Great article! I've always coached and cautioned ...
- Bruce Allen: Your analogy, with the doctor as the pilot and the...
- What Would Empathy-Based Healthcare Look Like? | News In Marketing: […] When I talked with Dr. Rosen on camera p...
best practice case examples brand/differentiation business advantage Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services choose a doctor choose a hospital cleveland clinic clinical quality consumer expectations culture customer service doctor interactions doctor ratings emotional needs empathy empowered patients EMR electronic medical records engagement HCAHPS hospital ammenities hospital ratings hospitals internet technology leadership online ratings online reputation patient-centered care patient-physician communications patient centered care patient convenience patient experience patient experience gap patient experience summit patient perspective patient ratings patient satisfaction physician-patient communicaitons showcase social media staff attitude staff interactions technology unconventional office hours voice of the customer wait times