Healthcare has become a fiercely competitive business endeavor. And experienced providers and hospital executives know that finding, attracting and retaining new patients is a challenging process. The best practices (or getting it right) includes many touchpoint steps in this sales and service stream. A touchpoint is any contact spot between a patient (buyer) and a […]
Archive | Doctors RSS feed for this section
the patients and caregivers of the present and the future build trust early. They look for useful, engaging shareable content.
A painful counter-current to a positive patient experience is the patient’s wait time. Nobody likes waiting. And the longer an individual waits for healthcare service, the more their level of satisfaction and positive patient experience erodes. Patients are waiting long before they get to the “waiting room.” On average it takes about three weeks to get […]
[Guest Post by Dr. Paul Rosen] Almost a decade ago I was in a crowded conference room of doctors. There was a heated conversation about what to do about a particular patient complaint. Parents were complaining that the doctors were not giving any numbing medicine or pain control before doing a spinal tap on their […]
There is a temptation for healthcare professionals to be drawn to the “big picture.” Communicators want to reach a large audience. Administrators are concerned about a facility’s daily population and the percentage beds occupied. Marketing minds consider wide service territories. And advertising plans want to know the reach and frequency. There’s nothing wrong with big picture […]
There’s a fundamental gem of universally helpful business advice. That is, doctors should walk into their office—at least occasionally—through the front door. The idea is for the business owner to see and experience what their customer sees and experiences. In reality, there are many reasons that this doesn’t happen. But it remains solid advice that […]
It’s only natural that the ways and means of delivering quality healthcare continue to commingle and expand with technological advances. In particular, the slice of telemedicine known as “virtual visits” or “e-visits,” bring doctor and patient together through an online encounter. There’s considerable evidence of positive provider and patient benefits in e-visit applications including cost […]
Achieving a “positive patient experience” in healthcare delivery is the product of many things. No matter how you choose to define it, the whole will be greater than the sum of a thousand tangible and intangible experiential components. It may seem like a daunting challenge to control, channel and quantify these constantly moving parts, but […]
There’s a positive patient experience bonus in Electronic Health Records (EHR) adoption…at least for those facilities, health systems and practices that have EHR in place. What’s more, patients are warming to the quick and convenient personal benefits, and providers are improving their demographics capture and engaging patients and families. As Meaningful Use approaches Stage […]
Serious discussions about patient experience often gravitate to how “satisfaction” enhances the overarching goal of delivering exceptional patient care. On one level, a patient “feels good” about the encounter when the hospital, facility and/or the practitioner has empathetically met their needs and their expectations.
- The Psychology of Waiting vs. Patient Experience Enemy Number One December 18, 2012
- Coach Lou Holtz, the Importance of a Timely Note, and Patient Satisfaction January 8, 2013
- Patient Experience Success Story: “Before It Was Cool” September 16, 2012
- Leadership: The Multi-Faceted Challenges and Rewards of Patient Experience May 11, 2012
- Hospital or Hotel? How Amenities Influence Facility Selection and Patient Satisfaction September 12, 2012
- Patient Loyalty: Why People Buy Emotions, Not Things January 19, 2018
- 4 Patient Experience Touchpoints: Doing the Right Thing December 6, 2017
- Become Best in Class in Patient Experience: Service Lessons from Iceland November 13, 2017
- 4 Smart Strategies That Deliver Stronger Patient Experience October 27, 2017
- Turning the Battleship and Building a Better Healthcare Experience October 10, 2017
- Barbara Hales, M.D.: An additional demand on ER time also stems from ph...
- Atiqur Rahman: Thank's,Stewart for this wonderful article,i enjo...
- Kellee Everts: Great article! I've always coached and cautioned ...
- Bruce Allen: Your analogy, with the doctor as the pilot and the...
- What Would Empathy-Based Healthcare Look Like? | News In Marketing: […] When I talked with Dr. Rosen on camera p...