There’s a dichotomy between the traditional paper-centric doctor’s office and the digital-centric life of patients.
Archive | Technology RSS feed for this section
How to Build the Doctor’s Office of the Future Today
Benefit or Barrier: Registration Kiosk and the Proper Patient Experience
So, which is better—face-to-face or face-to-screen? When technology makes an appearance in a medical office, it usually includes a tradeoff or two. And that’s the patient experience dilemma with self-service patient registration. Who likes it? It just depends. A positive patient experience begins early in the process—a phone inquiry, online appointment or office visit can […]
The Future of Patient Engagement
the patients and caregivers of the present and the future build trust early. They look for useful, engaging shareable content.
The Future of Healthcare Delivery and Patient Experience
A painful counter-current to a positive patient experience is the patient’s wait time. Nobody likes waiting. And the longer an individual waits for healthcare service, the more their level of satisfaction and positive patient experience erodes. Patients are waiting long before they get to the “waiting room.” On average it takes about three weeks to get […]
Appointments, Patient Experience and the Age of Convenience
It’s far easier for you or me to make an appointment for doggie day care than it is to see a doctor. It’s frustrating. Priorities somewhere are upside-down. It shouldn’t be so, but that’s the facts, Jack. In many (perhaps most) parts of the nation, technologically advanced healthcare providers and medical facilities sadly trail the comparatively […]
Social Media: How to Build a Better Experience-Path to Your Door
If the Internet is the “new front door” for hospitals and healthcare providers, then social media is the trusted pathway to engagement and the vitally important initial patient experience. Curiously, the most frequent citation about online health information sounds impressive, but it doesn’t reveal the underlying power of contemporary digital. You’ll often hear: “72% of […]
Is Your Practice and Patient Experience Living in the 21st Century?
Empowered patients expect physicians to use email. Patient Experience thought leader and Pediatric Rheumatologist Dr. Paul Rosen challenges fellow doctors to bring their communications into the 21st century to improve patient access to care, quality of service, boost patient satisfaction, enhance productivity and stand out above the competition. All too often, it seems like 21st […]
How Wearable Tech Will Benefit Healthcare and the Patient Experience
Apple’s new Watch (mistakenly referred to as the “iWatch” in media rumors) is now officially “official,” although still not here. Availability is early 2015, they say. Notwithstanding that the Watch tells time and several other things, Apple is making a big splash with the health-related capabilities. The device, using sensors, apps and smartphone connectivity, ties itself […]
Don’t Let Your Technology Get in the Way of Patient Satisfaction
“I just hate it,” the elderly patient complained to us about her GP. “He comes in the [exam] room and goes straight to that computer without even looking at me.” (This is a true story, by the way.) “The doctor is friendly enough, I suppose, but it’s like I’m playing second fiddle to the computer […]
How Mayo Clinic Uses Video Tours to Improve Patient Experience
We recently interviewed Lee Aase, Director of Mayo Clinic’s Center for Social Media, about several ways video can be applied to improve patient experience. Because 25% of Mayo’s patients travel to their clinics, Lee and his team put together video tours to give patients who travel a sense of what to expect before they arrive. […]
- The Psychology of Waiting vs. Patient Experience Enemy Number One December 18, 2012
- Coach Lou Holtz, the Importance of a Timely Note, and Patient Satisfaction January 8, 2013
- Patient Experience Success Story: “Before It Was Cool” September 16, 2012
- Leadership: The Multi-Faceted Challenges and Rewards of Patient Experience May 11, 2012
- Hospital or Hotel? How Amenities Influence Facility Selection and Patient Satisfaction September 12, 2012
- Patient Loyalty: Why People Buy Emotions, Not Things January 19, 2018
- 4 Patient Experience Touchpoints: Doing the Right Thing December 6, 2017
- Become Best in Class in Patient Experience: Service Lessons from Iceland November 13, 2017
- 4 Smart Strategies That Deliver Stronger Patient Experience October 27, 2017
- Turning the Battleship and Building a Better Healthcare Experience October 10, 2017
- Barbara Hales, M.D.: An additional demand on ER time also stems from ph...
- Atiqur Rahman: Thank's,Stewart for this wonderful article,i enjo...
- Kellee Everts: Great article! I've always coached and cautioned ...
- Bruce Allen: Your analogy, with the doctor as the pilot and the...
- What Would Empathy-Based Healthcare Look Like? | News In Marketing: […] When I talked with Dr. Rosen on camera p...