As often happens, a consumer research study has proven something that you probably knew intuitively…that bad news travels fast. But the survey by Colloquy, a consumer loyalty firm, identifies and quantifies the demographic slices that are “predisposed to engage in negative WOM (word-of mouth) practices after suffering a bad experience.” But the surprising insight about [...]
Empowered patients expect physicians to use email. Patient Experience thought leader and Pediatric Rheumatologist Dr. Paul Rosen challenges fellow doctors to bring their communications into the 21st century to improve patient access to care, quality of service, boost patient satisfaction, enhance productivity and stand out above the competition. All too often, it seems like 21st [...]
It’s only natural that the ways and means of delivering quality healthcare continue to commingle and expand with technological advances. In particular, the slice of telemedicine known as “virtual visits” or “e-visits,” bring doctor and patient together through an online encounter. There’s considerable evidence of positive provider and patient benefits in e-visit applications including cost [...]
Everyone is in favor of improving patient care. And, as the theory goes, the government’s incentive system of rewarding quality performance—HCAHPS (Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems)—is the universal pathway. But this year, the healthcare reform’s pay-for-performance method is more penalty than reward. “Medicare is giving bonuses to a majority of hospitals that [...]
A physician recently reminded us: “Doctors are trained to be impersonal.” In saying this, they were struggling to balance the apparent dichotomy between maintaining professional distance and bringing empathy and engagement to patient-centered care. A common course for some doctors is to cling to a traditional hierarchy that elevates the physician to a superior role. [...]
- The Psychology of Waiting vs. Patient Experience Enemy Number One December 18, 2012
- Coach Lou Holtz, the Importance of a Timely Note, and Patient Satisfaction January 8, 2013
- Enhancing the Patient Experience: The Basic Do’s and Don’ts of Social Media March 11, 2012
- Patient Experience Success Story: “Before It Was Cool” September 16, 2012
- One Doctor’s Practical Tips and Techniques to Improve Patient Satisfaction July 12, 2013
- Madvocates: Patient Experience Naysayers Are Not Who You Think May 1, 2015
- Is Your Practice and Patient Experience Living in the 21st Century? April 1, 2015
- Can Telemedicine Also Deliver Patient Satisfaction? March 23, 2015
- HCAHPS: Missing the Measure of Experience vs. Satisfaction February 6, 2015
- Overcoming the Dichotomy of Professional Distance January 12, 2015
- Bruce Allen: Your analogy, with the doctor as the pilot and the...
- What Would Empathy-Based Healthcare Look Like? | News In Marketing: […] When I talked with Dr. Rosen on camera p...
- Geoff Halstead: Excellent article and focus on a key issues in Pat...
- jerry: Takes everybody from top to bottom with proper hir...
- Bill Piecuch: Kathy - Your organization is tops in the health...