When big-budget advertisers are determined to make a brand-awareness splash with the public, they often need elaborate (and expensive) preparation. The textbook label is Experiential Marketing, defined as “a form of advertising intended to customers experience the brand.” Fortunately, doctors and hospitals have a largely untapped advantage over consumer and retail brands when it comes to [...]
If the Internet is the “new front door” for hospitals and healthcare providers, then social media is the trusted pathway to engagement and the vitally important initial patient experience. Curiously, the most frequent citation about online health information sounds impressive, but it doesn’t reveal the underlying power of contemporary digital. You’ll often hear: “72% of [...]
As often happens, a consumer research study has proven something that you probably knew intuitively…that bad news travels fast. But the survey by Colloquy, a consumer loyalty firm, identifies and quantifies the demographic slices that are “predisposed to engage in negative WOM (word-of mouth) practices after suffering a bad experience.” But the surprising insight about [...]
Empowered patients expect physicians to use email. Patient Experience thought leader and Pediatric Rheumatologist Dr. Paul Rosen challenges fellow doctors to bring their communications into the 21st century to improve patient access to care, quality of service, boost patient satisfaction, enhance productivity and stand out above the competition. All too often, it seems like 21st [...]
It’s only natural that the ways and means of delivering quality healthcare continue to commingle and expand with technological advances. In particular, the slice of telemedicine known as “virtual visits” or “e-visits,” bring doctor and patient together through an online encounter. There’s considerable evidence of positive provider and patient benefits in e-visit applications including cost [...]
- The Psychology of Waiting vs. Patient Experience Enemy Number One December 18, 2012
- Coach Lou Holtz, the Importance of a Timely Note, and Patient Satisfaction January 8, 2013
- Enhancing the Patient Experience: The Basic Do’s and Don’ts of Social Media March 11, 2012
- Designing the Patient Experience: Getting to the Next-Level August 5, 2014
- Patient Experience Success Story: “Before It Was Cool” September 16, 2012
- Experiential Marketing: The Untapped Advantage for Doctors and Hospitals July 6, 2015
- Social Media: How to Build a Better Experience-Path to Your Door June 16, 2015
- Madvocates: Patient Experience Naysayers Are Not Who You Think May 1, 2015
- Is Your Practice and Patient Experience Living in the 21st Century? April 1, 2015
- Can Telemedicine Also Deliver Patient Satisfaction? March 23, 2015
- Kellee Everts: Great article! I've always coached and cautioned ...
- Bruce Allen: Your analogy, with the doctor as the pilot and the...
- What Would Empathy-Based Healthcare Look Like? | News In Marketing: […] When I talked with Dr. Rosen on camera p...
- Geoff Halstead: Excellent article and focus on a key issues in Pat...
- jerry: Takes everybody from top to bottom with proper hir...