There’s a three-word phrase that successful doctors use often in interacting with others. Civic leaders, business executives and sales people all use it effortlessly—and effectively. It’s one simple, short phrase that easily fits in conversation, and works wonders in improving communications and patient experience. Here it is: “Tell me more.” For sales people, simply saying, [...]
“An ambulance ride is probably the best way to get into this hospital,” a patient observed to me recently. “It avoids all the parking lot aggravation here.” I don’t think it was meant as a joke. Parking at many medical office buildings and hospitals is genuinely an obstacle to obtaining care—and a patient experience black [...]
Perhaps the most consistent complaint about assessing patient experience and patient satisfaction is that some things are difficult to quantify, measure or report in a meaningful way. Quite often, it’s not about the clinical quality of care. Satisfaction is about intangible feelings of respect, both real and imagined. Among the five reasons that people don’t like [...]
Early on, we learn to talk. And throughout life we’re quick to “have something to say,” and contribute to social interaction…with friends, colleagues, and even with strangers. Storytelling, verbally presenting ideas and communicating information becomes second nature; a practiced skill that’s valuable in business and personal interaction. Some people take public speaking classes or polish [...]
When big-budget advertisers are determined to make a brand-awareness splash with the public, they often need elaborate (and expensive) preparation. The textbook label is Experiential Marketing, defined as “a form of advertising intended to customers experience the brand.” Fortunately, doctors and hospitals have a largely untapped advantage over consumer and retail brands when it comes to [...]
- The Psychology of Waiting vs. Patient Experience Enemy Number One December 18, 2012
- Coach Lou Holtz, the Importance of a Timely Note, and Patient Satisfaction January 8, 2013
- Enhancing the Patient Experience: The Basic Do’s and Don’ts of Social Media March 11, 2012
- Patient Experience: Innovation Breakthrough or Lipstick on a Pig? November 3, 2014
- Don’t Let Your Technology Get in the Way of Patient Satisfaction October 16, 2012
- Improving Patient Experience with One Short Phrase November 16, 2015
- Solving Parking Challenges: Convenience is the New Currency October 23, 2015
- Indifference: The Sure-Fire Patient Satisfaction Killer September 11, 2015
- Patient Experience and The Lost Art of Listening August 4, 2015
- Experiential Marketing: The Untapped Advantage for Doctors and Hospitals July 6, 2015
- Atiqur Rahman: Thank's,Stewart for this wonderful article,i enjo...
- Kellee Everts: Great article! I've always coached and cautioned ...
- Bruce Allen: Your analogy, with the doctor as the pilot and the...
- What Would Empathy-Based Healthcare Look Like? | News In Marketing: […] When I talked with Dr. Rosen on camera p...
- Geoff Halstead: Excellent article and focus on a key issues in Pat...