Healthcare delivery in the United States continues to transform itself from provider-centric care to a patient-centered environment with a key goal of excellence in patient experience. Medical offices and hospitals have made significant inroads in recognizing the vital importance of “the customer.” They recognize the benefits of delivering a positive patient experience, but making breakthrough progress—and [...]
A professional colleague has an insightful perspective on what’s good, and what’s not so good, about “patient experience.” Admittedly, his viewpoint is purely experiential. He speaks only as a patient, and as family caregiver, who has seen many doctors’ offices. It’s not scientific, but the assessment rings true with many people. Let me know if [...]
Question: What happens when you bring together thousands of individuals from healthcare and technology—and you challenge them create solutions for patient satisfaction, patient experience and other pressing healthcare issues? Answer: The unique virtual brainstorm session, labeled Innovation HealthJam, identifies over 250 actionable ideas—potential solutions and improvements—to help shape the future of healthcare. Here’s how that [...]
Apple’s new Watch (mistakenly referred to as the “iWatch” in media rumors) is now officially “official,” although still not here. Availability is early 2015, they say. Notwithstanding that the Watch tells time and several other things, Apple is making a big splash with the health-related capabilities. The device, using sensors, apps and smartphone connectivity, ties itself [...]
The Heinz ketchup image—designing the product vs. designing the experience—can be seen as an excellent visual metaphor about efforts to enhance and improve the patient experience. During the past few years, “patient satisfaction,” “patient-centered care,” and “patient experience” have evolved from vaguely defined catch phrases to proactive, top-down hospital initiatives. Industry wide, hospitals and health [...]
- The Psychology of Waiting vs. Patient Experience Enemy Number One December 18, 2012
- Coach Lou Holtz, the Importance of a Timely Note, and Patient Satisfaction January 8, 2013
- Enhancing the Patient Experience: The Basic Do’s and Don’ts of Social Media March 11, 2012
- Don’t Let Your Technology Get in the Way of Patient Satisfaction October 16, 2012
- Medicare Star Ratings: Consumers Ignore But Industry Debates October 23, 2012
- 10 Big Ideas to Move Patient Experience From Good to Great December 1, 2014
- Patient Experience: Innovation Breakthrough or Lipstick on a Pig? November 3, 2014
- Patient Satisfaction Solutions From a Virtual Brainstorm [Infographic] October 14, 2014
- How Wearable Tech Will Benefit Healthcare and the Patient Experience September 9, 2014
- Designing the Patient Experience: Getting to the Next-Level August 5, 2014
- Geoff Halstead: Excellent article and focus on a key issues in Pat...
- jerry: Takes everybody from top to bottom with proper hir...
- Bill Piecuch: Kathy - Your organization is tops in the health...
- May the Stars Be With You, Hospital Executives!: [...] Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (...
- Neil baum: The ACA will pump 20-40 million patients into the ...