The Heinz ketchup image—designing the product vs. designing the experience—can be seen as an excellent visual metaphor about efforts to enhance and improve the patient experience. During the past few years, “patient satisfaction,” “patient-centered care,” and “patient experience” have evolved from vaguely defined catch phrases to proactive, top-down hospital initiatives. Industry wide, hospitals and health [...]
[Video Podcast] Pediatric Rheumatologist Dr. Paul Rosen, Clinical Director of Service Experience for Nemours Children’s Health System, talks with Stewart Gandolf at Cleveland Clinic’s recent Patient Experience Summit. One of the significant take-away themes that came through the Patient Experience summit is putting the patient needs at the top of the priority list. Rather than [...]
[Podcast] This installment in our continuing series of healthcare and hospital marketing interviews spotlights University of Utah Health Care, a leading academic medical center in Salt Lake City. Healthcare Success CEO Stewart Gandolf talks with Senior Director of Marketing Dennis Jolley at the recent Cleveland Clinic Patient Experience Summit. You might imagine the not-so-warm reaction [...]
[Video Podcast] Stewart Gandolf talks with William Johnson, System Director, Patient Experience, Memorial Health System, Springfield, IL at Cleveland Clinic’s Patient Experience Summit Understanding, monitoring and improving the patient experience is a like a long-distance marathon without a finish line. It’s a process that Memorial Health System uses for continuous improvement. Looking at the entire patient [...]
Achieving a “positive patient experience” in healthcare delivery is the product of many things. No matter how you choose to define it, the whole will be greater than the sum of a thousand tangible and intangible experiential components. It may seem like a daunting challenge to control, channel and quantify these constantly moving parts, but [...]
- The Psychology of Waiting vs. Patient Experience Enemy Number One December 18, 2012
- Coach Lou Holtz, the Importance of a Timely Note, and Patient Satisfaction January 8, 2013
- Enhancing the Patient Experience: The Basic Do’s and Don’ts of Social Media March 11, 2012
- Improving Wait Times: Tips to Creating a Better Patient Experience February 5, 2013
- Patient Experience Success Story: “Before It Was Cool” September 16, 2012
- Designing the Patient Experience: Getting to the Next-Level August 5, 2014
- Nemours “True North”: Unconventional Hours and Other Care Commitments July 2, 2014
- Transparency Fosters Physician Pride: It’s the Right Thing to Do June 18, 2014
- Right Brain Engineering and the Four Levels of Patient Experience June 4, 2014
- Tell a Good Story: The Universal Patient Experience Gateway May 27, 2014
- May the Stars Be With You, Hospital Executives!: [...] Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (...
- Neil baum: The ACA will pump 20-40 million patients into the ...
- Improving Wait Times: Tips to Creating a Better Patient Experience | Healing Spaces: [...] peg the average wait time to see a provider ...
- New health sector: [...] of care? ‘Raising the culinary barR...
- Brenda Scott: Hi! In an attempt to find a way to send a perso...