Question: What happens when you bring together thousands of individuals from healthcare and technology—and you challenge them create solutions for patient satisfaction, patient experience and other pressing healthcare issues? Answer: The unique virtual brainstorm session, labeled Innovation HealthJam, identifies over 250 actionable ideas—potential solutions and improvements—to help shape the future of healthcare. Here’s how that [...]
Apple’s new Watch (mistakenly referred to as the “iWatch” in media rumors) is now officially “official,” although still not here. Availability is early 2015, they say. Notwithstanding that the Watch tells time and several other things, Apple is making a big splash with the health-related capabilities. The device, using sensors, apps and smartphone connectivity, ties itself [...]
The Heinz ketchup image—designing the product vs. designing the experience—can be seen as an excellent visual metaphor about efforts to enhance and improve the patient experience. During the past few years, “patient satisfaction,” “patient-centered care,” and “patient experience” have evolved from vaguely defined catch phrases to proactive, top-down hospital initiatives. Industry wide, hospitals and health [...]
[Video Podcast] Pediatric Rheumatologist Dr. Paul Rosen, Clinical Director of Service Experience for Nemours Children’s Health System, talks with Stewart Gandolf at Cleveland Clinic’s recent Patient Experience Summit. One of the significant take-away themes that came through the Patient Experience summit is putting the patient needs at the top of the priority list. Rather than [...]
[Podcast] This installment in our continuing series of healthcare and hospital marketing interviews spotlights University of Utah Health Care, a leading academic medical center in Salt Lake City. Healthcare Success CEO Stewart Gandolf talks with Senior Director of Marketing Dennis Jolley at the recent Cleveland Clinic Patient Experience Summit. You might imagine the not-so-warm reaction [...]
- The Psychology of Waiting vs. Patient Experience Enemy Number One December 18, 2012
- Coach Lou Holtz, the Importance of a Timely Note, and Patient Satisfaction January 8, 2013
- Enhancing the Patient Experience: The Basic Do’s and Don’ts of Social Media March 11, 2012
- Small Things That Build Patient Experience Big-time November 11, 2013
- Don’t Let Your Technology Get in the Way of Patient Satisfaction October 16, 2012
- Patient Satisfaction Solutions From a Virtual Brainstorm [Infographic] October 14, 2014
- How Wearable Tech Will Benefit Healthcare and the Patient Experience September 9, 2014
- Designing the Patient Experience: Getting to the Next-Level August 5, 2014
- Nemours “True North”: Unconventional Hours and Other Care Commitments July 2, 2014
- Transparency Fosters Physician Pride: It’s the Right Thing to Do June 18, 2014
- Good Doc or Bad Doc: How Patients Judge Provider Quality: […] And for related reading, see our previou...
- Bill Piecuch: Kathy - Your organization is tops in the health...
- May the Stars Be With You, Hospital Executives!: [...] Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (...
- Neil baum: The ACA will pump 20-40 million patients into the ...
- Improving Wait Times: Tips to Creating a Better Patient Experience | Healing Spaces: [...] peg the average wait time to see a provider ...