A physician recently reminded us: “Doctors are trained to be impersonal.” In saying this, they were struggling to balance the apparent dichotomy between maintaining professional distance and bringing empathy and engagement to patient-centered care. A common course for some doctors is to cling to a traditional hierarchy that elevates the physician to a superior role. [...]
Healthcare delivery in the United States continues to transform itself from provider-centric care to a patient-centered environment with a key goal of excellence in patient experience. Medical offices and hospitals have made significant inroads in recognizing the vital importance of “the customer.” They recognize the benefits of delivering a positive patient experience, but making breakthrough progress—and [...]
A professional colleague has an insightful perspective on what’s good, and what’s not so good, about “patient experience.” Admittedly, his viewpoint is purely experiential. He speaks only as a patient, and as family caregiver, who has seen many doctors’ offices. It’s not scientific, but the assessment rings true with many people. Let me know if [...]
Question: What happens when you bring together thousands of individuals from healthcare and technology—and you challenge them create solutions for patient satisfaction, patient experience and other pressing healthcare issues? Answer: The unique virtual brainstorm session, labeled Innovation HealthJam, identifies over 250 actionable ideas—potential solutions and improvements—to help shape the future of healthcare. Here’s how that [...]
Apple’s new Watch (mistakenly referred to as the “iWatch” in media rumors) is now officially “official,” although still not here. Availability is early 2015, they say. Notwithstanding that the Watch tells time and several other things, Apple is making a big splash with the health-related capabilities. The device, using sensors, apps and smartphone connectivity, ties itself [...]
- The Psychology of Waiting vs. Patient Experience Enemy Number One December 18, 2012
- Coach Lou Holtz, the Importance of a Timely Note, and Patient Satisfaction January 8, 2013
- Enhancing the Patient Experience: The Basic Do’s and Don’ts of Social Media March 11, 2012
- Nemours “True North”: Unconventional Hours and Other Care Commitments July 2, 2014
- Don’t Let Your Technology Get in the Way of Patient Satisfaction October 16, 2012
- Overcoming the Dichotomy of Professional Distance January 12, 2015
- 10 Big Ideas to Move Patient Experience From Good to Great December 1, 2014
- Patient Experience: Innovation Breakthrough or Lipstick on a Pig? November 3, 2014
- Patient Satisfaction Solutions From a Virtual Brainstorm [Infographic] October 14, 2014
- How Wearable Tech Will Benefit Healthcare and the Patient Experience September 9, 2014
- What Would Empathy-Based Healthcare Look Like? | News In Marketing: […] When I talked with Dr. Rosen on camera p...
- Geoff Halstead: Excellent article and focus on a key issues in Pat...
- jerry: Takes everybody from top to bottom with proper hir...
- Bill Piecuch: Kathy - Your organization is tops in the health...
- May the Stars Be With You, Hospital Executives!: [...] Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (...