Our little story begins with a recent patient visit to a doctor’s office. The story is true, but in the interest of patient privacy, we’ll avoid identifying particulars. Among friends and family, the patient sometimes refers to herself as a “little old lady.” And at 90 years of age, the label fits in the kindest [...]
It turns out that healthcare providers and auto dealerships have much in common. Often, what they share is a sour reputation with the people they serve. Stick with me on this for a minute. Surprisingly, improvements in the “dealership experience” world illustrate some useful concepts for better “patient experience.”
As a frequent traveler, I nominate the chocolate chip cookie as the nearly universal token of a friendly welcome at many hotels (and at least one airline.) “Cookies are warm, personal and inviting, much like our hotels and the staff here that serves you,” a DoubleTree Hotels spokesman told the New York Times. DoubleTree may [...]
The contemporary definition of “doctor” is changing. More precisely, doctor, as a title for medical practitioners, is increasingly emphasizing the lesser know Latin origin…meaning “to teach.” Ultimately it’s a patient-physician communications trend with significant benefits to patient satisfaction and experience. As the nation’s healthcare delivery system has reinvented itself, many of the traditional structures, models [...]
Hospital and medical care providers recognize that the patient experience—and positive patient satisfaction—is best constructed with a thousand little building blocks. (Maybe a million.) One of the better outlines of patient “wants” was offered in Stephanie Staples’ post on nursetogether.com. She writes, patients want to know: Help me feel human. Empower me. Ease my fear. [...]
- The Psychology of Waiting vs. Patient Experience Enemy Number One December 18, 2012
- Coach Lou Holtz, the Importance of a Timely Note, and Patient Satisfaction January 8, 2013
- Enhancing the Patient Experience: The Basic Do’s and Don’ts of Social Media March 11, 2012
- Tales of the TELL: Those Little Red Flags are Patient Experience Symptoms December 4, 2012
- Johns Hopkins and Five Other Patient Experience Videos You’ll Want to Watch April 9, 2013
- Dale Carnegie and His Mother Would Love This Doctor March 10, 2014
- The Hospital and Car Dealer Odyssey: Reimagining Customer Experience February 5, 2014
- Front Door Ideas (and a Cookie) Worth Stealing January 13, 2014
- Doctor Redefined: The Interpretive Path to Patient Experience December 4, 2013
- Small Things That Build Patient Experience Big-time November 11, 2013
- May the Stars Be With You, Hospital Executives!: [...] Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (...
- Neil baum: The ACA will pump 20-40 million patients into the ...
- Improving Wait Times: Tips to Creating a Better Patient Experience | Healing Spaces: [...] peg the average wait time to see a provider ...
- New health sector: [...] of care? ‘Raising the culinary barR...
- Brenda Scott: Hi! In an attempt to find a way to send a perso...