No doubt you’ve heard the tale of the Elephant and the Blind Men. The age-old story seems simplistic. But, stick with me on this…there’s a timely lesson here—and a lively discussion—that’s vital to how we think about patient satisfaction. And ultimately, how patients select “the right hospital.” It seems that several sightless individuals each gave [...]
When the “stuff” hits the fan, it’s likely to clear the room. That’s the natural reaction. Nobody really wants to be on the receiving end… listening to the gripes and complaints of an unhappy customer…or unhappy patient. It’s counterintuitive, but expert advice in customer service is exactly the opposite. Embrace that next complaint. Meet it [...]
Hospitals and health systems across the country are using specialized video messages to help shape a positive patient experience…even before the patient arrives at the facility. Label it “patient education” or perhaps “informed awareness,” video presentations reduce a patient’s fear of the unknown about having surgery, or simply showing what the place looks like. It [...]
This post is the second in a series. Part One, The Psychology of Waiting vs. Patient Experience Enemy Number One, is available here. For medical offices and hospitals, a chief cornerstone of delivering a positive patient experience is in “beating the clock.” The amount of time that a patient waits for healthcare services has a [...]
- The Psychology of Waiting vs. Patient Experience Enemy Number One December 18, 2012
- Enhancing the Patient Experience: The Basic Do’s and Don’ts of Social Media March 11, 2012
- Patient Experience Success Story: “Before It Was Cool” September 16, 2012
- Tales of the TELL: Those Little Red Flags are Patient Experience Symptoms December 4, 2012
- Patient Experience Matters More Now Than Ever September 12, 2012
- The Elephant and the Blind Men: Understanding Patient Satisfaction June 7, 2013
- Consumer Reports’ Gripe-o-meter: 16 Bothersome Patient Experience Issues May 22, 2013
- Johns Hopkins and Five Other Patient Experience Videos You’ll Want to Watch April 9, 2013
- The Janus Principle: Improving Patient Experience From Start to Finish March 5, 2013
- Improving Wait Times: Tips to Creating a Better Patient Experience February 5, 2013
- Denny: @Stewart - The part that seems to be missing with ...
- Coach Lou Holtz, the Importance of a Timely Note, and Patient Satisfaction | Neil Baum M.D.Neil Baum M.D.: [...] January 8th, 2013 12:50 amGuest Contributor ...
- 10 Top Posts: Putting Patient Experience At The Heart of It All - Health,Cancer,Eyes,Brain etc. | Health,Cancer,Eyes,Brain etc.: [...] Informed healthcare consumers and medical pr...
- 10 Top Posts: Putting Patient Experience At The Heart of It All - Health,Cancer,Eyes,Brain etc. | Health,Cancer,Eyes,Brain etc.: [...] There’s almost no limit to the number and ...
- 10 Top Posts: Putting Patient Experience At The Heart of It All - Health,Cancer,Eyes,Brain etc. | Health,Cancer,Eyes,Brain etc.: [...] Specialized video messages can shape expecta...