No one likes to be kept waiting, especially in a hospital or doctor’s office. Few will dispute the fact that it’s important to see your physician. But when the accompanying wait interrupts our daily schedule and forces us to cancel planned activities or lose productivity at work, it’s easy to get angry, frustrated and feel […]
Enhancing the Patient Experience: The Basic Do’s and Don’ts of Social Media
By Stewart Gandolf, MBA on March 11, 2012 in Doctors, Hospitals, Leadership, Medical Practices, Reputation, Technology
“The Patient Experience” is a big umbrella. Medical practices, hospitals and healthcare providers try hard to deliver a good measure of satisfaction with each patient visit. But the tricky part is…the patient experience usually begins long before the office appointment, and it continues long after. Reaching these healthcare consumers—patients, prospective patients, family, caregivers—increasingly relies on […]
← Previous 1 … 17 18
- The Psychology of Waiting vs. Patient Experience Enemy Number One December 18, 2012
- Coach Lou Holtz, the Importance of a Timely Note, and Patient Satisfaction January 8, 2013
- Patient Experience Success Story: “Before It Was Cool” September 16, 2012
- Leadership: The Multi-Faceted Challenges and Rewards of Patient Experience May 11, 2012
- Hospital or Hotel? How Amenities Influence Facility Selection and Patient Satisfaction September 12, 2012
- Patient Loyalty: Why People Buy Emotions, Not Things January 19, 2018
- 4 Patient Experience Touchpoints: Doing the Right Thing December 6, 2017
- Become Best in Class in Patient Experience: Service Lessons from Iceland November 13, 2017
- 4 Smart Strategies That Deliver Stronger Patient Experience October 27, 2017
- Turning the Battleship and Building a Better Healthcare Experience October 10, 2017
- Barbara Hales, M.D.: An additional demand on ER time also stems from ph...
- Atiqur Rahman: Thank's,Stewart for this wonderful article,i enjo...
- Kellee Everts: Great article! I've always coached and cautioned ...
- Bruce Allen: Your analogy, with the doctor as the pilot and the...
- What Would Empathy-Based Healthcare Look Like? | News In Marketing: […] When I talked with Dr. Rosen on camera p...
best practice case examples brand/differentiation business advantage Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services choose a doctor choose a hospital cleveland clinic clinical quality consumer expectations culture customer service doctor interactions doctor ratings emotional needs empathy empowered patients EMR electronic medical records engagement HCAHPS hospital ammenities hospital ratings hospitals internet technology leadership online ratings online reputation patient-centered care patient-physician communications patient centered care patient convenience patient experience patient experience gap patient experience summit patient perspective patient ratings patient satisfaction physician-patient communicaitons showcase social media staff attitude staff interactions technology unconventional office hours voice of the customer wait times