Perhaps the most consistent complaint about assessing patient experience and patient satisfaction is that some things are difficult to quantify, measure or report in a meaningful way. Quite often, it’s not about the clinical quality of care. Satisfaction is about intangible feelings of respect, both real and imagined. Among the five reasons that people don’t like […]
About Kathy Roy GaughranSenior Marketing Strategist Kathy Roy Gaughran [Kathy@healthcaresuccess.com] has helped thousands of clients throughout North America achieve their growth goals. An award-winning strategic marketing planner, Kathy is an accomplished writer and speaker, frequently presenting to national, local and state professional associations.
Author Archive | Kathy Roy Gaughran
The Heinz ketchup image—designing the product vs. designing the experience—can be seen as an excellent visual metaphor about efforts to enhance and improve the patient experience. During the past few years, “patient satisfaction,” “patient-centered care,” and “patient experience” have evolved from vaguely defined catch phrases to proactive, top-down hospital initiatives. Industry wide, hospitals and health […]
Serious poker players know about a “tell.” You’ve probably heard the term…some physical signal is a giveaway about the cards a player’s been dealt. A tell is usually subtle—maybe barely perceptible—but a strategic signal and possible advantage in playing the game. Medical offices and hospitals are constantly giving off little signals that, when detected, can […]
- The Psychology of Waiting vs. Patient Experience Enemy Number One December 18, 2012
- Coach Lou Holtz, the Importance of a Timely Note, and Patient Satisfaction January 8, 2013
- Enhancing the Patient Experience: The Basic Do’s and Don’ts of Social Media March 11, 2012
- Patient Experience Success Story: “Before It Was Cool” September 16, 2012
- Patient Experience: Innovation Breakthrough or Lipstick on a Pig? November 3, 2014
- Turning the Battleship and Building a Better Healthcare Experience October 10, 2017
- How to Build the Doctor’s Office of the Future Today September 5, 2017
- The Patient Journey Doesn’t Begin or End With a Warm Smile August 4, 2017
- Benefit or Barrier: Registration Kiosk and the Proper Patient Experience July 18, 2017
- You Had Me at Hello: Winning with the First Word in Patient Experience June 2, 2017
- Barbara Hales, M.D.: An additional demand on ER time also stems from ph...
- Atiqur Rahman: Thank's,Stewart for this wonderful article,i enjo...
- Kellee Everts: Great article! I've always coached and cautioned ...
- Bruce Allen: Your analogy, with the doctor as the pilot and the...
- What Would Empathy-Based Healthcare Look Like? | News In Marketing: […] When I talked with Dr. Rosen on camera p...