There’s a dichotomy between the traditional paper-centric doctor’s office and the digital-centric life of patients.
Tag Archives | patient satisfaction
The world of healthcare delivery continues to change—and the operational watchword is “easy.” This concept—a proven idea that practices can implement today—comes from the retail consumer world. Simply…when you make it easy for the customer, you differentiate yourself from the pack, and your results increase exponentially. “It’s supposed to be hard. If it wasn’t hard, […]
Recently, we were talking with a marketing savvy client about the real meaning of patient experience. We agreed with Jill Mathison, VP Ambulatory Services, Pomona Valley Hospital and Medical Center, that it’s a tough concept to define, and a challenge to translate into a hospital brand and branding message. But the hard truth, we concluded, is that […]
There is a temptation for healthcare professionals to be drawn to the “big picture.” Communicators want to reach a large audience. Administrators are concerned about a facility’s daily population and the percentage beds occupied. Marketing minds consider wide service territories. And advertising plans want to know the reach and frequency. There’s nothing wrong with big picture […]
“An ambulance ride is probably the best way to get into this hospital,” a patient observed to me recently. “It avoids all the parking lot aggravation here.” I don’t think it was meant as a joke. Parking at many medical office buildings and hospitals is genuinely an obstacle to obtaining care—and a patient experience black […]
It’s only natural that the ways and means of delivering quality healthcare continue to commingle and expand with technological advances. In particular, the slice of telemedicine known as “virtual visits” or “e-visits,” bring doctor and patient together through an online encounter. There’s considerable evidence of positive provider and patient benefits in e-visit applications including cost […]
Question: What happens when you bring together thousands of individuals from healthcare and technology—and you challenge them create solutions for patient satisfaction, patient experience and other pressing healthcare issues? Answer: The unique virtual brainstorm session, labeled Innovation HealthJam, identifies over 250 actionable ideas—potential solutions and improvements—to help shape the future of healthcare. Here’s how that […]
The Heinz ketchup image—designing the product vs. designing the experience—can be seen as an excellent visual metaphor about efforts to enhance and improve the patient experience. During the past few years, “patient satisfaction,” “patient-centered care,” and “patient experience” have evolved from vaguely defined catch phrases to proactive, top-down hospital initiatives. Industry wide, hospitals and health […]
[Podcast] This installment in our continuing series of healthcare and hospital marketing interviews spotlights University of Utah Health Care, a leading academic medical center in Salt Lake City. Healthcare Success CEO Stewart Gandolf talks with Senior Director of Marketing Dennis Jolley at the recent Cleveland Clinic Patient Experience Summit. You might imagine the not-so-warm reaction […]
As a frequent traveler, I nominate the chocolate chip cookie as the nearly universal token of a friendly welcome at many hotels (and at least one airline.) “Cookies are warm, personal and inviting, much like our hotels and the staff here that serves you,” a DoubleTree Hotels spokesman told the New York Times. DoubleTree may […]
- The Psychology of Waiting vs. Patient Experience Enemy Number One December 18, 2012
- Coach Lou Holtz, the Importance of a Timely Note, and Patient Satisfaction January 8, 2013
- Enhancing the Patient Experience: The Basic Do’s and Don’ts of Social Media March 11, 2012
- One Doctor’s Practical Tips and Techniques to Improve Patient Satisfaction July 12, 2013
- Overcoming the Dichotomy of Professional Distance January 12, 2015
- 4 Patient Experience Touchpoints: Doing the Right Thing December 6, 2017
- Become Best in Class in Patient Experience: Service Lessons from Iceland November 13, 2017
- 4 Smart Strategies That Deliver Stronger Patient Experience October 27, 2017
- Turning the Battleship and Building a Better Healthcare Experience October 10, 2017
- How to Build the Doctor’s Office of the Future Today September 5, 2017
- Barbara Hales, M.D.: An additional demand on ER time also stems from ph...
- Atiqur Rahman: Thank's,Stewart for this wonderful article,i enjo...
- Kellee Everts: Great article! I've always coached and cautioned ...
- Bruce Allen: Your analogy, with the doctor as the pilot and the...
- What Would Empathy-Based Healthcare Look Like? | News In Marketing: […] When I talked with Dr. Rosen on camera p...