The need for patients to feel good about their healthcare providers and their experience isn’t just a matter of proper manners in the office. In fact, patient satisfaction has its roots in a number of developmental psychology studies. Perhaps the best known is psychologist Abraham Maslow’s hierarchy of needs. Generally, Maslow provided an outline of […]
A curious and confounding dilemma about all that encompasses “the patient experience” is that it is not a single, straight-line continuum. Process thinking is tempting: A patient comes in the door, receives medical care and exits. A linear structure, with a beginning, middle and end would be simpler to define, quantify, manage, monitor, improve and […]
No one likes to be kept waiting, especially in a hospital or doctor’s office. Few will dispute the fact that it’s important to see your physician. But when the accompanying wait interrupts our daily schedule and forces us to cancel planned activities or lose productivity at work, it’s easy to get angry, frustrated and feel […]
“The Patient Experience” is a big umbrella. Medical practices, hospitals and healthcare providers try hard to deliver a good measure of satisfaction with each patient visit. But the tricky part is…the patient experience usually begins long before the office appointment, and it continues long after. Reaching these healthcare consumers—patients, prospective patients, family, caregivers—increasingly relies on […]
- The Psychology of Waiting vs. Patient Experience Enemy Number One December 18, 2012
- Coach Lou Holtz, the Importance of a Timely Note, and Patient Satisfaction January 8, 2013
- Never on Thursday: Flow and wait times at the DMV vs. the ER June 1, 2016
- Medicare Star Ratings: Consumers Ignore But Industry Debates October 23, 2012
- Tales of the TELL: Those Little Red Flags are Patient Experience Symptoms December 4, 2012
- You Had Me at Hello: Winning with the First Word in Patient Experience June 2, 2017
- It’s Hard to Be Easy: How to Deliver Great Patient Experience May 3, 2017
- How Consumer Empowerment is Changing Your Medical Practice April 10, 2017
- The Future of Patient Engagement April 3, 2017
- Patient Experience Starts with Your People Strategy March 7, 2017
- Barbara Hales, M.D.: An additional demand on ER time also stems from ph...
- Atiqur Rahman: Thank's,Stewart for this wonderful article,i enjo...
- Kellee Everts: Great article! I've always coached and cautioned ...
- Bruce Allen: Your analogy, with the doctor as the pilot and the...
- What Would Empathy-Based Healthcare Look Like? | News In Marketing: […] When I talked with Dr. Rosen on camera p...