When consulting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) conducted a national survey of over 6,000 US consumers in major industry sectors in the summer of 2012, they found several key differences between consumers’ attitudes and experiences in healthcare and other industries.
In the healthcare industry, patient experience and patient satisfaction are more important than ever before.
Your 11-page (and growing) Curriculum Vitae (CV) represents years of hard work. As a doctor, you prize and protect what colleagues and co-workers think about your professional persona.
Where quality was once evaluated solely on clinical care, patients, prospective patients and their family members are shopping for value and satisfaction. Decision makers have a greater concern for the overall patient experience.
Most fairy tales begin with “once upon a time.” There is a fairy tale in the healthcare profession: once upon a time the initials “M.D.” indicated status, trust, and perfection. Most physicians today realize that elevated status, abundance of knowledge, infallibility, and blind trust by our patients are long gone and are the stuff of […]
- The Psychology of Waiting vs. Patient Experience Enemy Number One December 18, 2012
- Coach Lou Holtz, the Importance of a Timely Note, and Patient Satisfaction January 8, 2013
- Enhancing the Patient Experience: The Basic Do’s and Don’ts of Social Media March 11, 2012
- One Doctor’s Practical Tips and Techniques to Improve Patient Satisfaction July 12, 2013
- Overcoming the Dichotomy of Professional Distance January 12, 2015
- 4 Patient Experience Touchpoints: Doing the Right Thing December 6, 2017
- Become Best in Class in Patient Experience: Service Lessons from Iceland November 13, 2017
- 4 Smart Strategies That Deliver Stronger Patient Experience October 27, 2017
- Turning the Battleship and Building a Better Healthcare Experience October 10, 2017
- How to Build the Doctor’s Office of the Future Today September 5, 2017
- Barbara Hales, M.D.: An additional demand on ER time also stems from ph...
- Atiqur Rahman: Thank's,Stewart for this wonderful article,i enjo...
- Kellee Everts: Great article! I've always coached and cautioned ...
- Bruce Allen: Your analogy, with the doctor as the pilot and the...
- What Would Empathy-Based Healthcare Look Like? | News In Marketing: […] When I talked with Dr. Rosen on camera p...