Today, as has been the case for several years, the typical patient journey begins online. Fortunately, however, the unflattering term “Doctor Google”—patients doing their own “diagnostic research” online—is a less popular label these days. It could be that Internet users are growing smarter. A Google search is not the same as a medical degree. Sophisticated […]
Archive | Medical Practices RSS feed for this section
The world of healthcare delivery continues to change—and the operational watchword is “easy.” This concept—a proven idea that practices can implement today—comes from the retail consumer world. Simply…when you make it easy for the customer, you differentiate yourself from the pack, and your results increase exponentially. “It’s supposed to be hard. If it wasn’t hard, […]
As patients increasingly are taking ownership of their health, the time-honored, physician-centric, healthcare delivery system is changing for the better. Consumer empowerment is their new watchword. And the lineup of expectations and patient demands includes transparent and personalized services. What’s more, your patient-centric audience wants a complete service package that is affordable, fast and convenient. […]
A Guest Post by cancer survivor Bruce W. Heinemann. In this article, Bruce shares his real-world insight about how patient experience, caring and empathy begins with the diagnosis. And it is an incredible opportunity for the caregiver to make a positive difference in the patient experience and its ultimate outcome. The diagnosis of prostate cancer […]
Things are bad, and they’re getting worse. There’s a huge disconnect between the patient’s perception of experience in healthcare and what healthcare thinks it’s delivering. That’s according to a new study of The State of Consumer Healthcare from GE Healthcare Camden Group and Prophet, a global brand consultancy. America’s healthcare consumers have radically transformed from […]
It’s far easier for you or me to make an appointment for doggie day care than it is to see a doctor. It’s frustrating. Priorities somewhere are upside-down. It shouldn’t be so, but that’s the facts, Jack. In many (perhaps most) parts of the nation, technologically advanced healthcare providers and medical facilities sadly trail the comparatively […]
There’s a positive patient experience bonus in Electronic Health Records (EHR) adoption…at least for those facilities, health systems and practices that have EHR in place. What’s more, patients are warming to the quick and convenient personal benefits, and providers are improving their demographics capture and engaging patients and families. As Meaningful Use approaches Stage […]
Hospitals and health systems across the country are using specialized video messages to help shape a positive patient experience…even before the patient arrives at the facility. Label it “patient education” or perhaps “informed awareness,” video presentations reduce a patient’s fear of the unknown about having surgery, or simply showing what the place looks like. It […]
There’s a trend among consumers that one highly respected research firm calls “the age of the consumer. A focus on the customer matters more than any other strategic imperative,” advises Forrester Research. “Customer experience translates into real business value, and customer-centricity is your best bet for sustainable competitive advantage.”
Respected studies document patient experience and satisfaction as important, sometimes primary, factors in the healthcare delivery continuum.
- The Psychology of Waiting vs. Patient Experience Enemy Number One December 18, 2012
- Coach Lou Holtz, the Importance of a Timely Note, and Patient Satisfaction January 8, 2013
- Enhancing the Patient Experience: The Basic Do’s and Don’ts of Social Media March 11, 2012
- Overcoming the Dichotomy of Professional Distance January 12, 2015
- Don’t Let Your Technology Get in the Way of Patient Satisfaction October 16, 2012
- Become Best in Class in Patient Experience: Service Lessons from Iceland November 13, 2017
- 4 Smart Strategies That Deliver Stronger Patient Experience October 27, 2017
- Turning the Battleship and Building a Better Healthcare Experience October 10, 2017
- How to Build the Doctor’s Office of the Future Today September 5, 2017
- The Patient Journey Doesn’t Begin or End With a Warm Smile August 4, 2017
- Barbara Hales, M.D.: An additional demand on ER time also stems from ph...
- Atiqur Rahman: Thank's,Stewart for this wonderful article,i enjo...
- Kellee Everts: Great article! I've always coached and cautioned ...
- Bruce Allen: Your analogy, with the doctor as the pilot and the...
- What Would Empathy-Based Healthcare Look Like? | News In Marketing: […] When I talked with Dr. Rosen on camera p...