Every definition of Patient Experience—the really good ones—identifies an emotional component. In fact, the emotional experience of patients is ever-present in every aspect of the continuum of care. From the patient’s initial need, their clinical treatment, and their interactions with providers and staff, to the outcome or resolution of their medical issue, human emotions are […]
Archive | Patient-Centered Care RSS feed for this section
Serious poker players know about a “tell.” You’ve probably heard the term…some physical signal is a giveaway about the cards a player’s been dealt. A tell is usually subtle—maybe barely perceptible—but a strategic signal and possible advantage in playing the game. Medical offices and hospitals are constantly giving off little signals that, when detected, can […]
There’s quite a revolution happening in the world of retail sales and marketing. Consumers are better informed, value driven and increasingly selective in their buying decisions. Small, medium and large businesses are turning up the customer service volume and using innovative tools and techniques to deliver a superior customer experience. Sound familiar? The rise of […]
Editor’s Note: The real-world, doctor-to-doctor ideas that Dr. Baum presents in this article are based on his 30 years of experience as a practicing urologist. These practical patient experience concepts are useful and appropriate to most other professional disciplines and healthcare provider practices. All of us want our patients to have a positive experience with […]
The changes in our healthcare system that link Medicare payments to Pay-for-Performance and patient satisfaction are constantly top-of-mind with hospital administrators and providers. With about $1 billion in payments on the table, it’s an industry preoccupation. But awareness by consumers/patients is growing also. Newspapers and publications throughout the nation have carried many items, and the Wall […]
STUDY: Researchers at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine published findings about effective and efficient methods that excellent physicians use to get to know patients as individuals, and improve patient-centered care.
- The Psychology of Waiting vs. Patient Experience Enemy Number One December 18, 2012
- Coach Lou Holtz, the Importance of a Timely Note, and Patient Satisfaction January 8, 2013
- Enhancing the Patient Experience: The Basic Do’s and Don’ts of Social Media March 11, 2012
- One Doctor’s Practical Tips and Techniques to Improve Patient Satisfaction July 12, 2013
- Overcoming the Dichotomy of Professional Distance January 12, 2015
- 4 Patient Experience Touchpoints: Doing the Right Thing December 6, 2017
- Become Best in Class in Patient Experience: Service Lessons from Iceland November 13, 2017
- 4 Smart Strategies That Deliver Stronger Patient Experience October 27, 2017
- Turning the Battleship and Building a Better Healthcare Experience October 10, 2017
- How to Build the Doctor’s Office of the Future Today September 5, 2017
- Barbara Hales, M.D.: An additional demand on ER time also stems from ph...
- Atiqur Rahman: Thank's,Stewart for this wonderful article,i enjo...
- Kellee Everts: Great article! I've always coached and cautioned ...
- Bruce Allen: Your analogy, with the doctor as the pilot and the...
- What Would Empathy-Based Healthcare Look Like? | News In Marketing: […] When I talked with Dr. Rosen on camera p...