When the “stuff” hits the fan, it’s likely to clear the room. That’s the natural reaction. Nobody really wants to be on the receiving end… listening to the gripes and complaints of an unhappy customer…or unhappy patient. It’s counterintuitive, but expert advice in customer service is exactly the opposite. Embrace that next complaint. Meet it […]
Archive | Doctors RSS feed for this section
Hospitals and health systems across the country are using specialized video messages to help shape a positive patient experience…even before the patient arrives at the facility. Label it “patient education” or perhaps “informed awareness,” video presentations reduce a patient’s fear of the unknown about having surgery, or simply showing what the place looks like. It […]
Editor’s Note: The real-world, doctor-to-doctor ideas that Dr. Baum presents in this article are based on his 30 years of experience as a practicing urologist. These practical patient experience concepts are useful and appropriate to most other professional disciplines and healthcare provider practices. All of us want our patients to have a positive experience with […]
Healthcare reform and a shift to pay-for-performance are certain for 2013, but the substance and impact of this shift is still under discussion.
“I just hate it,” the elderly patient complained to us about her GP. “He comes in the [exam] room and goes straight to that computer without even looking at me.” (This is a true story, by the way.) “The doctor is friendly enough, I suppose, but it’s like I’m playing second fiddle to the computer […]
Respected studies document patient experience and satisfaction as important, sometimes primary, factors in the healthcare delivery continuum.
When consulting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) conducted a national survey of over 6,000 US consumers in major industry sectors in the summer of 2012, they found several key differences between consumers’ attitudes and experiences in healthcare and other industries.
In the healthcare industry, patient experience and patient satisfaction are more important than ever before.
Your 11-page (and growing) Curriculum Vitae (CV) represents years of hard work. As a doctor, you prize and protect what colleagues and co-workers think about your professional persona.
Where quality was once evaluated solely on clinical care, patients, prospective patients and their family members are shopping for value and satisfaction. Decision makers have a greater concern for the overall patient experience.
- The Psychology of Waiting vs. Patient Experience Enemy Number One December 18, 2012
- Coach Lou Holtz, the Importance of a Timely Note, and Patient Satisfaction January 8, 2013
- Enhancing the Patient Experience: The Basic Do’s and Don’ts of Social Media March 11, 2012
- Overcoming the Dichotomy of Professional Distance January 12, 2015
- Don’t Let Your Technology Get in the Way of Patient Satisfaction October 16, 2012
- Become Best in Class in Patient Experience: Service Lessons from Iceland November 13, 2017
- 4 Smart Strategies That Deliver Stronger Patient Experience October 27, 2017
- Turning the Battleship and Building a Better Healthcare Experience October 10, 2017
- How to Build the Doctor’s Office of the Future Today September 5, 2017
- The Patient Journey Doesn’t Begin or End With a Warm Smile August 4, 2017
- Barbara Hales, M.D.: An additional demand on ER time also stems from ph...
- Atiqur Rahman: Thank's,Stewart for this wonderful article,i enjo...
- Kellee Everts: Great article! I've always coached and cautioned ...
- Bruce Allen: Your analogy, with the doctor as the pilot and the...
- What Would Empathy-Based Healthcare Look Like? | News In Marketing: […] When I talked with Dr. Rosen on camera p...