Healthcare has become a fiercely competitive business endeavor. And experienced providers and hospital executives know that finding, attracting and retaining new patients is a challenging process. The best practices (or getting it right) includes many touchpoint steps in this sales and service stream. A touchpoint is any contact spot between a patient (buyer) and a […]
About Kathy Roy GaughranSenior Marketing Strategist Kathy Roy Gaughran [Kathy@healthcaresuccess.com] has helped thousands of clients throughout North America achieve their growth goals. An award-winning strategic marketing planner, Kathy is an accomplished writer and speaker, frequently presenting to national, local and state professional associations.
Author Archive | Kathy Roy Gaughran
In any given week I lose track of the number of service feedback requests that come to me. There are many different forms and formats…but it’s troubling that the nation’s health care delivery enterprise seems less consumer-focused than most everyone. You might want to pass this article around to everyone in the office. These are […]
I don’t know how much time or distance is needed for a battleship to turn around. We’re talking about one of those really big navy ships or even a 1,000-foot, 250,000 metric ton cargo vessel. What everyone knows is that a “really big boat” doesn’t turn or stop or do anything quickly. The concept of […]
There’s a dichotomy between the traditional paper-centric doctor’s office and the digital-centric life of patients.
Today, as has been the case for several years, the typical patient journey begins online. Fortunately, however, the unflattering term “Doctor Google”—patients doing their own “diagnostic research” online—is a less popular label these days. It could be that Internet users are growing smarter. A Google search is not the same as a medical degree. Sophisticated […]
So, which is better—face-to-face or face-to-screen? When technology makes an appearance in a medical office, it usually includes a tradeoff or two. And that’s the patient experience dilemma with self-service patient registration. Who likes it? It just depends. A positive patient experience begins early in the process—a phone inquiry, online appointment or office visit can […]
?” This little adventure began when a prospective new patient called a doctor’s office for a first appointment. And “rather than saying something pleasant, like Hello, the first word out of the receptionist’s mouth was ‘Insurance?’” The rudeness of her tone continued: “’IN! SUR! ANCE!’ She bit off each part of the word…she wanted to […]
As patients increasingly are taking ownership of their health, the time-honored, physician-centric, healthcare delivery system is changing for the better. Consumer empowerment is their new watchword. And the lineup of expectations and patient demands includes transparent and personalized services. What’s more, your patient-centric audience wants a complete service package that is affordable, fast and convenient. […]
the patients and caregivers of the present and the future build trust early. They look for useful, engaging shareable content.
Have you ever walked into a store, business or medical practice and felt immediately at ease, welcomed and comfortable? When you feel a sense of tension or discomfort it is almost palpable. But when you experience positive feelings, it’s easily overlooked. Ensuring a warm and welcoming tone for your patients can be challenging for various […]
- The Psychology of Waiting vs. Patient Experience Enemy Number One December 18, 2012
- Coach Lou Holtz, the Importance of a Timely Note, and Patient Satisfaction January 8, 2013
- Don’t Let Your Technology Get in the Way of Patient Satisfaction October 16, 2012
- Medicare Star Ratings: Consumers Ignore But Industry Debates October 23, 2012
- Never on Thursday: Flow and wait times at the DMV vs. the ER June 1, 2016
- Patient Loyalty: Why People Buy Emotions, Not Things January 19, 2018
- 4 Patient Experience Touchpoints: Doing the Right Thing December 6, 2017
- Become Best in Class in Patient Experience: Service Lessons from Iceland November 13, 2017
- 4 Smart Strategies That Deliver Stronger Patient Experience October 27, 2017
- Turning the Battleship and Building a Better Healthcare Experience October 10, 2017
- Barbara Hales, M.D.: An additional demand on ER time also stems from ph...
- Atiqur Rahman: Thank's,Stewart for this wonderful article,i enjo...
- Kellee Everts: Great article! I've always coached and cautioned ...
- Bruce Allen: Your analogy, with the doctor as the pilot and the...
- What Would Empathy-Based Healthcare Look Like? | News In Marketing: […] When I talked with Dr. Rosen on camera p...